- 21 compact, action-packed, and fun-filled layout plans
- Plans use the popular Lionel FasTrack and Atlas O track systems
- Step-by-step instructions and easy-to-read track diagrams
- Comprehensive Bill of Materials to help with budget planning
- Designs minimize the track section count to reduce overall cost
- Build-out diagrams for each layout suggest scenery, structures, and accessories
- Many of the plans are designed for two trains and two engineers
- Part numbers are listed for all Lionel or Atlas track sections and switches used
- Two special chapters with tips for using Lionel FasTrack and Atlas O track
- Operate with a conventional transformer or with command control
Ken Hoganson has been developing 3-rail track plans for O Gauge Railroading magazine readers since 2015.
Using AnyRail layout design software, Ken has created a wide variety of interesting layouts that will fit spaces ranging from a single sheet of 4'x 8' plywood to a small spare room.
This book dispels the notion that O gauge model railroading requires a large amount of space.